The Guerrilla Season Book Blog

Join 8th grade American History students at South Valley Jr High in Liberty, Missouri as they read Guerrilla Season by Pat Hughes. For more information contact Eric Langhorst at speakingofhistory@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Week 3 - Guerrilla Season Podcast #3

Hello. This week when you listen to the Guerrilla Season podcast you'll hear about some supernatural things that started to happened to author Pat Hughes as she wrote the novel. She will also answer one of the most commonly asked questions on the blog during the project: "Why did you decide to write about Missouri and this particular time period?".

To listen just click on the direct link and it will play on your computer. You may also download to your computer and listen on your i-Pod or MP3 player.

Direct link to listen to Guerrilla Season Podcast #3 - Supernatural Events and Why This Topic? - MP3 Format - 13:30 Minutes

Please answer this question by posting a comment to this blog entry by clicking on the "comments" link below this post. Please remember to use either your first name only or no name. Any comments with full names will not be posted. Thanks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was interesting how your experiences related to the book Guerilla season. Do you think these were just coincidences or supernatural.


JET

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JET -

I wish I had kept a sort of journal of all the odd things that happened to me when I was researching and writing "Guerrilla Season," because the ones in the podcast are just a few that I still remember.

I really don't think these were coincidences. I think there's a reason that I - east-coast born and raised, with no apparent ties to Missouri - have always felt drawn to Missouri's Civil War era history. I'm just not sure I'll ever know for sure what that reason is.

- Pat

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home