The Guerrilla Season Book Blog

Join 8th grade American History students at South Valley Jr High in Liberty, Missouri as they read Guerrilla Season by Pat Hughes. For more information contact Eric Langhorst at speakingofhistory@gmail.com

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Week 1 Links - Find out More Online

During the reading assignment for Week #1 there were many references to historical events and famous famous. I have found some interesting links to help you discover more about some of these events and people with the page number of the book where it appears.

If you come across any other links that you would like to share with the other participants please include them in a comment to this blog post. Just remember to comment under "anonymous" or with a first name only.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miller Creek: Matthew the Spectacular

Long, long ago, when I was young....

It was a few years ago, in 6th grade- I had a teacher who everyone else didn't like. At first, I felt the same way. Over time, though, I started aknowledging that this teacher had a unique way of teaching. I like it - it was different, but in a good way.

No one else felt the way I did about that teacher. Whenever anyone talked trash about that persn, I would remain silent. I didn't want to argue with them, but i didn't want to agree with them either.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I am faced with a difficult decision and opt to remain neutral, like in sixth grade when my friends did not like each other. Whenever they argued I had to stay out of it, or tell them to stop fighting. It was a very difficult task. This showed me that sometimes not taking a side can be a very difficult thing to do.

-Mathieu
Miller Creek Middle School

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was in 6th grade, two of the friends I shared almost all my classes with got into a huge fight. They wouldn't talk to each other, and they both got mad at me for hanging out with the other friend. Finally I had to just make them friends again, no matter what it took. Luckly, they weren't too stubborn, or I would've had a real
problem...
~Dhruv the Dominant

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home